- IMDb page: Watch Moana (2016) Free Movie Online
- Rate: 8.3/10 total 6,575 votes
- Genre: Animation | Adventure | Comedy | Family | Fantasy | Musical
- Release Date: 23 November 2016 (USA)
- Runtime: 103 min
- Budget: $150,000,000 (estimated)
- Gross: $82,080,274 (USA) (25 November 2016)
- Director: Leonardo Matsuda
- Stars: Auli’i Cravalho, Dwayne Johnson, Rachel House | See full cast and crew »
- Original Music By: Opetaia Foa’i (original songs by) Mark Mancina (original score composed by) Mark Mancina (original songs by) Lin-Manuel Miranda (original songs by)
- Soundtrack: You’re Welcome
- Sound Mix: Dolby Atmos | Dolby Surround 7.1 | SDDS | Dolby Digital | Datasat
- Plot Keyword: Quest | Island | Voyage | Demi God | Curse
Moana (2016) Writing Credits By:
- Jared Bush (screenplay by)
- Ron Clements (story by) &
- John Musker (story by) and
- Chris Williams (story by) &
- Don Hall (story by) and
- Pamela Ribon (story by) and
- Aaron Kandell (story by) &
- Jordan Kandell (story by)
Watch Free Moana (2016) movie Online Without Downloading, This movie also includes best movie, And you able to watch movie online streaming in HD within 106 min in length, watch streaming movies online Free trailer below, and Also watch full length Moana (2016) streaming Megavideo movie without survey in HD, You Can Watch This Movie with or without downloading HERE
Want to watch for free movie Moana (2016) or downloads? Join with us for free registration
Moana (2016) Known Trivia
- Lin-Manuel Miranda was signed on to write the music for Moana (2016) before the Broadway stage musical “Hamilton” became a worldwide phenomenal hit. Moana 2016 After it did, he would often chat with the rest of the crew through Skype from backstage, sometimes still in costume. Moana 2016 68 of 68 found this interesting Interesting? Yes No |
- The word “moana” is the Polynesian word for ocean or sea. Moana 2016 It is also a common Polynesian word for the colour blue. Moana 2016 94 of 95 found this interesting Interesting? Yes No |
- Dwayne Johnson is a firm believer that voice-acting is the most difficult career in acting, and is personally annoyed by celebrities being cast in animated films despite their bad delivery in voicing their characters. Moana 2016 When Johnson was cast for the film, he repeatedly asked the other voice-actors present if he was indeed giving a good performance. Moana 2016 103 of 105 found this interesting Interesting? Yes No |
- Auli’i Cravalho is the youngest Disney Princess voice ever, being only 14 years old (16 by the time the film came out). Moana 2016 121 of 124 found this interesting Interesting? Yes No |
- In the trailer Maui says he slows the sun with a fish hook and pulled the land from the ocean. Moana 2016 These are Maori legends detailing how New Zealand came to be. Moana 2016 Maui pulled the land up while fishing. Moana 2016 He slowed the sun because the days were too short. Moana 2016 There is also a version that Maui slowed the sun with a net. Moana 2016 50 of 50 found this interesting Interesting? Yes No |
- Moana is the second Disney Princess to have a story not based on a fairy tale or legend, nor having a love interest. Moana 2016 The first one was Merida from Brave (2012), four years prior. Moana 2016 111 of 114 found this interesting Interesting? Yes No |
- The first Polynesian-themed Disney animated feature film since Lilo & Stitch (2002). Moana 2016 154 of 161 found this interesting Interesting? Yes No |
- Moana is the first full-length computer animated feature film to be written and directed by John Musker and Ron Clements, who were responsible for directing The Great Mouse Detective (1986), The Little Mermaid (1989), Aladdin (1992), Hercules (1997), Treasure Planet (2002), and The Princess and the Frog (2009), all of which were predominantly in hand-drawn animation. Moana 2016 When it was initially rumored that Moana would be made in the hand-drawn/computer-animated technique “Meander” introduced with Disney’s short film Paperman (2012), director John Musker said that it is “far too early to apply the Paperman (2012) hybrid technique to a feature. Moana 2016 The Meander digital in-betweening interface still has a host of production issues (including color) that need to be perfected.”Besides, the directors also stated that the environment, including the ocean, benefited much more from the use of CGI as opposed to a traditional animation and that three-dimensional computer animation is naturally good at generating the sculpted faces of the people of the South Pacific. Moana 2016 Maui’s tattoos, on the other hand, are purely hand-drawn animated without the use of the “Meander”. Moana 2016 102 of 106 found this interesting Interesting? Yes No |
- This is the fifth consecutive Disney animated feature for Alan Tudyk following Wreck-It Ralph (2012), Frozen (2013), Big Hero 6 (2014), and Zootopia (2016). Moana 2016 51 of 52 found this interesting Interesting? Yes No |
- In the October 20, 2014 interview with Huffington Post, director Ron Clements recalls the experience of visiting the islands of the South Pacific to gain artistic and authentic references for the film: “When we visited those islands, John [Musker] and I were especially interested in meeting people who lived on islands where they had grown up surrounded by an ocean. Moana 2016 We wondered how that might effect your point-of-view. Moana 2016 And we learned a lot. Moana 2016 We learned all kinds of things that we didn’t know. Moana 2016 We learned how the sea and the land are one and the same. Moana 2016 How these people think of the ocean as something that unites the islands, not something that separates them. Moana 2016 And then we learned about the great migration and how the people of the Islands take great pride in the fact that their ancient ancestors invented this way of navigation called dead reckoning which involved studying the stars and the currents. Moana 2016 And way before the European explorers or the Vikings, these people had this very, very incredibly advanced techniques of navigation.” As Clements continued, “So many of these ideas in terms of respect for nature, respect for the ocean and the elements – all of these things – really had a huge influence on us and then began to make their way into this film’s story,” Ron continued. Moana 2016 “Which is why Moana is now the most ambitious thing that John and I have ever attempted. Moana 2016 There’s definitely an epic aspect to this story. Moana 2016 Not to mention huge opportunities for comedy and action and adventure. Moana 2016 But at the same time, there’s also a key relationship at the very heart of this story. Moana 2016 An emotional core that – I think – is especially important with this film. Moana 2016 But as it is with any of these things, you just hope that – in the end – you can get it right.” 91 of 95 found this interesting Interesting? Yes No |
Tag Moana (2016): Moana (2016) | Fandango Moana movie info – movie times, trailers, reviews, tickets, actors and more on Fandango, Moana (2016) – IMDb With Auli’i Cravalho, Dwayne Johnson, Rachel House, Temuera Morrison, A young woman uses her navigational talents to set sail for a fabled island, Joining her on the , Moana Trailer (2016) Trailer for Moana, From Walt Disney Animation Studios comes Moana, a sweeping, CG-animated feature film about an adventurous teenager who sails out on a daring , Moana | Disney Movies Moana Official Trailer, Watch the brand new trailer for Disney’s Moana! See the film, starring Dwayne The Rock Johnson & Auli’i Cravalho, in theatres this Thanksgiving! Moana – ComingSoon.net Catch the full short film in theaters with Disney’s Moana, starting tomorrow Comic-Con 2016: Moana heroine won’t have a love interest , News | Comic-Con , Comic-Con 2016: Moana heroine won’t have a love interest in the film, Attendees got to watch the first three minutes of Disney’s highly , Disney’s MOANA Trailer – 2016 (Ultra HD 4K) – YouTube 3000 years ago, Dwayne Johnson is a Demigod in Disney’s MOANA First Trailer ★ The Best ANIMATED Films are HERE https://goo.gl/3B1jZ6 ★Subscribe HERE , MOANA Sneak Peek – First Footage (2016) Dwayne Johnson , http://www.joblo.com – MOANA Sneak Peek – First Footage (2016) Dwayne Johnson, Disney Animated Movie Plot: A young woman uses her navigational talents to , Moana – Official Teaser Trailer (2016) | Movie Trailers , Watch the Moana – Official Teaser Trailer (2016), On a mystic island off Oceania in the South Pacific, young princess Moana Waialiki (voiced by Auli’i, Moana (2016) – Rotten Tomatoes Critics Consensus: With a title character as three-dimensional as its lush animation and a story that adds fresh depth to Disney’s time-tested formula, Moana is truly ,
Moana (2016) Plot: In Ancient Polynesia, when a terrible curse incurred by Maui reaches an impetuous Chieftain’s daughter’s island, she answers the Ocean’s call to seek out the demigod to set things right. Moana 2016 Full summary » »
Moana (2016) Story: Moana Waialiki is a sea voyaging enthusiast and the only daughter of a chief in a long line of navigators. Moana 2016 When her island’s fisherman can’t catch any fish and the crops fail, she learns that the demigod Maui caused the blight by stealing the heart of the goddess Te Fiti. Moana 2016 The only way to heal the island is to persuade Maui to return Te Fiti’s heart, so Moana sets off on an epic journey across the Pacific. Moana 2016 The film is based on stories from Polynesian mythology. Moana 2016 Written byAnonumous
Moana (2016) Synopsis: Gramma Tala (voice: Rachel House) is telling a story to a group of children, with an animated tapa cloth illustrating her words. Moana 2016 From the ocean sprang the island goddess Te Fiti. Moana 2016 She lay on her side, with her curves becoming mountains and valleys. Moana 2016 And in the center was her heart, a stone with a spiral shape on one side, giving out the force of life. Moana 2016 Men began to covet her heart, wanting its life-giving power for themselves. Moana 2016 A boat carrying the demigod Maui (voice: Dwayne Johnson) sailed toward the island, and he jumped off and magically transformed into a hawk. Moana 2016 He landed on the island and changed again into a lizard to make his way through the forest. Moana 2016 Reaching a row of large rocks, he became a bug and squeezed between them. Moana 2016 When he reached the heart, he turned back into a man, and he used his large fishing hook to pry out the heart.
Without her heart, the island of Te Fiti began to crumble. Moana 2016 Maui ran to the edge of the island, jumped off a cliff and changed into a hawk in midair, then flew back to his boat. Moana 2016 He tried to escape, but a lava monster named Te Ka, who also wanted the heart, arose from the sea into a volcano and started to erupt. Moana 2016 Maui grabbed his hook and jumped at Te Ka. Moana 2016 There was a blinding flash, and Maui was struck from the sky. Moana 2016 Maui, the hook and the heart were lost at sea.
A thousand years later, Te Ka still lurks, draining fish from the ocean and swallowing up one island after another until there is no one left. Moana 2016 But, Gramma Tala says, one day a hero will journey beyond the reef, find Maui and sail with him across the ocean to restore the heart and save everyone. Moana 2016 One little girl is spellbound, but the other children are terrified. Moana 2016 Before Tala can continue, Chief Tui (voice: Temuera Morrison) reminds the children of the most important rule of the island, the one that keep them safe: nobody goes beyond the reef.
The spellbound girl, the toddler Moana (voice: Louise Bush), slips away and walks to the beach. Moana 2016 She sees a baby turtle being menaced by a group of seabirds, and she escorts it into the ocean, shading it with a leaf and shooing the birds away. Moana 2016 When the turtle is safe, the ocean recedes, revealing a trail of beautiful seashells, which Moana gathers in her tiny arms. Moana 2016 A wave forms over her head and magically stays in place. Moana 2016 She pokes the wave with her finger, and water drips down on her. Moana 2016 The wave comes down over her hair and gives her a silly hairstyle. Moana 2016 Moana plays with the wave some more, and then the ocean parts, making a canyon that she walks through. Moana 2016 She sees a shiny object, and the ocean brings it closer. Moana 2016 It’s a glowing green stone with an interesting spiral shape.
She picks up the stone, and just then, her father, Chief Tui, calls out to her. Moana 2016 The ocean lifts her and deposits her back on the shore. Moana 2016 Her father races over and picks her up, causing her to drop the stone. Moana 2016 Before she can see where it went, her father pulls her close and tells her never to go into the ocean again. Moana 2016 He takes her back to the village, where her mother, Sina (voice: Nicole Scherzinger), is waiting for them. Moana 2016 She tells Moana that she will do wondrous things as the next chief of the island, but Tui tells her that she must learn where she’s meant to be.
Growing up, Moana learns everything about life on her island, Motunui (song: “Where You Are”). Moana 2016 She finds herself drawn to the ocean, but every time she goes near it, her parents drag her back, away from the water. Moana 2016 She never even learns to sail. Moana 2016 Gramma Tala encourages Moana to follow her heart and listen to the voice inside, to figure out who she really is. Moana 2016 One day, Chief Tui leads the now sixteen-year-old Moana (voice: Auli’i Cravalho) up to the peak of the tallest mountain. Moana 2016 He shows her a tall pile of stones, and tells her that one day, she will place her stone on the pile, just as he and the chiefs before him did. Moana 2016 At a ceremony that night, Tui hands Moana the chief’s battle axe.
Moana makes her rounds of the island, giving advice to everyone who asks. Moana 2016 When a man points out the rooster Heihei (voice: Alan Tudyk) dumbly pecking at a rock, Moana tells him that sometimes strength is hidden beneath the surface. Moana 2016 A fisherman walks up to her and tells her that there are fewer fish every day. Moana 2016 She suggests fishing in different areas, but they have already tried that. Moana 2016 She tells him that they should try fishing beyond the reef, but Tui reminds her of the rule. Moana 2016 The men walk away, leaving Moana alone. Moana 2016 Venting her frustration, she grabs an oar and starts smashing coconuts into the sand. Moana 2016 Sina walks up to her and explains that once Tui went sailing beyond the reef with a friend, and ran into giant waves. Moana 2016 Tui was unable to save his friend, and he doesn’t want to lose Moana the same way. Moana 2016 Sina tells her she must make her own choices, however hard they are.
Moana climbs the peak, preparing to add her stone to the pile. Moana 2016 She sees the sun reflect off the ocean, and she realizes that she can’t ignore the call of the water any more (song: “How Far I’ll Go”). Moana 2016 She drops her stone and runs down to the sea. Moana 2016 She takes her pet pig, Pua, on a boat and casts off. Moana 2016 She feels excitement as a wave picks her up, but then the wind changes and the boom swings toward her and just misses her head. Moana 2016 She feels relief, but another wave hits the boat, knocking Pua overboard. Moana 2016 A third wave hits, knocking her off as well and breaking the boat. Moana 2016 She hits the surface with Pua in her arms, but waves continue to hit the broken boat, driving it into her head and pushing her underwater. Moana 2016 She gets her foot trapped in coral, unable to break free. Moana 2016 She grabs a rock and smashes the coral, then swims back to the surface. Moana 2016 The waves push her and Pua back to the shore. Moana 2016 The boat comes back in pieces, and Moana knows she’ll be in trouble for what she did. Moana 2016 Gramma Tala walks up to her, and Moana says that Tui was right about going out there. Moana 2016 She tells Tala that she’s going to put her stone on the pile. Moana 2016 Tala sees a school of manta rays swim up, and says that when she dies, she’s going to come back as one of them. Moana 2016 Desperate for advice, Moana asks Tala if there’s anything she wants to tell her, and Tala asks her if there’s anything she wants to hear. Moana 2016 Tala walks off, and Moana decides to follow her, knowing that she would tell a good story.
Carrying a torch, Tala leads Moana into a cavern. Moana 2016 Tala tells her to go inside and bang the drum to get the answers she’s looking for. Moana 2016 Moana carefully makes her way into the dark cavern, finding dozens of boats–outrigger sailing canoes. Moana 2016 She jumps onto a canoe and sees a log drum. Moana 2016 Picking up a pair of sticks next to it, she bangs on the drum, causing torches to magically light up, illuminating the tapa sail. Moana 2016 She sees an image of her ancestors, voyagers who fearlessly sailed the ocean, finding new homes whenever they needed to (song: “We Know the Way”). Moana 2016 She asks Tala why they ever stopped voyaging, and Tala tells her about Maui. Moana 2016 After he stole the heart, the ships that sailed out never came back. Moana 2016 And Te Ka has been chasing away the fish, draining life from one island after another. Moana 2016 She repeats what she told Moana as a child, that one day someone will restore the heart and save everyone. Moana 2016 Then, she presses a green stone into Moana’s hand. Moana 2016 Moana recognizes it as the same stone the ocean lead her to years before. Moana 2016 Tala points to a hook-shaped constellation and tells her that Maui can be found at the bottom of his hook.
Tui is talking to the island council, trying to reassure them that they won’t run out of food, when Moana bursts in and tells him that she can restore the heart of Te Fiti. Moana 2016 Angrily, he grabs the green stone from her hand and throws it into the bushes. Moana 2016 She runs to get it and finds Gramma Tala’s walking stick as well. Moana 2016 A warrior runs up and tells them that Tala is not well. Moana 2016 Moana and Tui run toward her hut. Moana 2016 Tala whispers in Moana’s ear that she must leave now, and then hands her the necklace that her voyager ancestors wore. Moana 2016 Moana puts the heart of Te Fiti in the necklace and makes up her mind to leave. Moana 2016 Grabbing supplies, she heads to the cavern and boards one of the canoes. Moana 2016 As she sails off, she sees the light in Tala’s hut go out. Moana 2016 She sees the glow of a manta ray passing by, illuminating a safe passage. Moana 2016 It looks just like her grandmother’s manta ray tattoo. Moana 2016 Reaching the ocean, Moana sets a course for Maui.
Moana paddles the boat through the night and day. Moana 2016 A clucking noise leads her to find Heihei in the cargo hold. Moana 2016 As night falls, she starts to fall asleep, and when a wave shocks her awake, she looks at the sky, unable to find the hook constellation. Moana 2016 She sees that it’s now behind her and tries to turn the boat around, but the wind pushes it over, dumping her into the water. Moana 2016 She swims back to the boat and tries to right it, but the waves get worse. Moana 2016 A large wave crashes down on her, and everything goes black.
When she opens her eyes, she finds herself on a shore. Moana 2016 Feeling for her necklace, she is relieved to find the heart is still there. Moana 2016 She sees Heihei pecking at a rock and notices that it has a hook design on it. Moana 2016 Following a set of footprints, she sees a camp, and realizes Maui must be inside. Moana 2016 She ducks behind her boat to prepare herself and Maui comes out and sees the boat. Moana 2016 Joyously, he picks it up with one hand, revealing Moana behind it. Moana 2016 He thinks she’s just a young fan of his, and he picks up Heihei and uses his beak to scratch a sort of autograph (a heart and a hook) into Moana’s oar. Moana 2016 He jokes that when you write with a bird, it’s called tweeting.
Moana tries to give the speech she’s been practicing, telling him who she is, that she knows he stole the heart of Te Fiti, and that she needs him to restore it. Moana 2016 He isn’t interested, but he distracts her by boasting about his exploits (song: “You’re Welcome”). Moana 2016 Moana gets a first glimpse of Maui’s animated tattoos, which help him tell stories and sometimes serve as his conscience. Moana 2016 Maui tosses her into a cave and rolls a boulder over the entrance. Moana 2016 He takes her boat and sails off to get his magic hook. Moana 2016 Inside the cave, Moana sees a statue that Maui made of himself. Moana 2016 Finding a small opening, she climbs the statue, tips it over and climbs out. Moana 2016 Seeing Maui sailing away, she jumps into the ocean to swim after him, but she can’t keep up. Moana 2016 Suddenly the ocean pulls her along rapidly and deposits her on the boat. Moana 2016 Maui throws her off, and the ocean puts her right back on. Moana 2016 Maui throws away the heart, and the ocean throws it back at him. Moana 2016 He jumps off himself, and the ocean puts him back on the boat. Moana 2016 He tells her that the heart is a curse, and bad things will come for them if they keep it. Moana 2016 Just then, a spear lands on the side of the boat. Moana 2016 Looking into a bank of fog, they see a large silhouette moving toward them.
Maui tells Moana that they’re under attack by the Kakamora, tiny coconut-shelled warriors. Moana 2016 His first impulse is to flee, but when he urgently orders Moana to tighten the halyard and find the stays, she looks bewildered. Moana 2016 “You can’t sail?” he asks incredulously. Moana 2016 “I’m self taught,” she replies. Moana 2016 Meanwhile, the Kakamora load spears tied to ropes into their catapults, launch them at the boat, and zip-line across to it. Moana 2016 They knock Moana to the deck, dislodging the heart from the necklace. Moana 2016 Heihei gobbles up the heart, and the Kakamora grab him and take him back to their ship. Moana 2016 Moana tells Maui that they have to get Heihei back, and Maui sails close to the other ship. Moana 2016 Moana jumps across and bats the Kakamora away with an oar. Moana 2016 She runs past the Kakamora chief and grabs Heihei as they shoot blow darts at her. Moana 2016 She uses a spear with a rope to zip-line herself back to her canoe. Moana 2016 Heihei regurgitates the heart, which Moana triumphantly grabs, before realizing that they are surrounded by Kakamora boats.
Maui expertly sails through the swarm of boats, causing them to collide and sink. Moana 2016 Maui tells Moana he won’t help her return the heart, but she says he’d be the biggest hero ever if he did. Moana 2016 He replies that he won’t be able to defeat Te Ka without his magic hook, so she says they need to go and get it. Moana 2016 Maui sails them to the lair of Tamatoa (voice: Jemaine Clement), teaching Moana about sailing and way-finding (celestial navigation) as they go. Moana 2016 He moors the ship at a tall spire, the entrance to Lalotai, the realm of monsters. Moana 2016 He tells her to stay put as he climbs the spire, but she decides to follow him. Moana 2016 They reach the plateau at the top, and Maui stomps the ground, making a face appear. Moana 2016 The mouth opens, revealing a vortex below. Moana 2016 He jumps in, and Moana follows him. Moana 2016 They fall through the air and land in an ocean, still falling. Moana 2016 They break into the underworld, and a frog monster grabs Moana with its tongue.
The monster is pulling Moana toward its mouth when another monster eats the first, and she falls to the ground still wrapped in the first monster’s tongue. Moana 2016 She looks around and sees Maui’s hook inside a cave, surrounded by treasure. Moana 2016 Maui pops up behind her and tells her that he’s going to use her as a distraction. Moana 2016 She bangs gold objects together, trying to make as much noise as possible. Moana 2016 Maui tells her that when Tamatoa shows up, she should get him to talk about himself. Moana 2016 The floor rumbles, and Tamatoa, a crab monster, greets her. Moana 2016 He grabs her in a claw and asks her what she’s doing there. Moana 2016 As Maui sneaks toward the hook, Moana tells Tamatoa that she came to rob him, but now that she sees his splendor, she has to know how he became so beautiful. Moana 2016 Smiling, Tamatoa tells her that he decorated himself and his cave with gold to lure in fish (song: “Shiny”). Moana 2016 Then he lifts Moana in the air and draws her toward his mouth. Moana 2016 Just then, Maui grabs his hook and pulls Moana free. Moana 2016 He tries to transform into a hawk, but ends up turning into other animals, and then back to his demigod form. Moana 2016 Tamatoa knocks Maui across the cave with a claw and continues hitting him. Moana 2016 Moana begs him to stop, but he throws her into a bone cage and continues hitting Maui. Moana 2016 Moana slips out of the cage, unseen, and notices a crack in the cave’s wall that she can escape through. Moana 2016 Looking back, she realizes she can’t leave Maui behind.
Tamatoa grabs the hook back from Maui and knocks him across the cave again. Moana 2016 As he’s preparing to deliver a death blow, Moana holds up the green, glowing heart to get his attention. Moana 2016 Tamatoa drops Maui and chases Moana, who loses her footing and drops the heart, and it falls into a crevice. Moana 2016 Tamatoa tries to grab it, and Moana takes the hook and brings it to Maui, telling him they have to leave. Moana 2016 He asks about the heart, and she shows him the necklace with the heart still inside. Moana 2016 When Tamatoa reaches into the crevice, he pulls out a barnacle covered with glowing seaweed. Moana 2016 Enraged, he pursues the pair, who run out of the cave. Moana 2016 They reach a geyser that erupts and shoots them high in the air and back into the ocean above.
Returning to the shore, Maui tells Moana that since he can’t control his transformations, they have no chance of beating Te Ka. Moana 2016 She sees a tattoo on his back of a woman holding a baby, and asks him how he got it. Moana 2016 He says that he was born a human, and his mother didn’t want him, tossing him into the ocean as a baby. Moana 2016 But the gods found him, raised him, and gave him the hook. Moana 2016 She says that the gods saw something in him that was worth saving, and he starts practicing his transformations. Moana 2016 He regains control, turns into a hawk, and flies her back to the boat. Moana 2016 Maui lets Moana navigate this time, and in the morning, she sees a ring of islands surrounding Te Fiti. Moana 2016 Maui tells her that she has successfully delivered him across the ocean.
Maui takes the heart from Moana, turns into a hawk, and flies over the islands. Moana 2016 Te Ka roars to life and knocks him out of the sky. Moana 2016 He hits the water below, and Moana sails up to him and pulls him onto the boat. Moana 2016 She sails through a gap between the islands, with Te Ka chasing them. Moana 2016 Te Ka raises a fist and swings it toward Moana, but Maui blocks it with his hook. Moana 2016 The force of the impact causes the ocean to swell, pushing the boat away from the islands. Moana 2016 When Moana comes to, she sees the canoe badly damaged, and Maui shows her the hook with a crack down the middle and a piece missing. Moana 2016 He tells her that if the hook takes one more hit, it will be destroyed. Moana 2016 He says he’s done helping her, and he drops the heart into the water, turns into a hawk and flies off. Moana 2016 Looking at the ocean, Moana sees a glowing manta ray swimming toward the canoe, and suddenly it disappears. Moana 2016 A familiar voice greets her from the other side.
She tells Gramma Tala that she doesn’t know what to do. Moana 2016 Tala tells her to listen to the voice inside her. Moana 2016 She envisions all of her ancestors encouraging her to continue the quest. Moana 2016 Looking down into the water, she finds the glowing heart and dives in to grab it. Moana 2016 When she resurfaces, Tala and the ancestors are gone, and she is alone, but she knows what she has to do.
She repairs the canoe and sails back to the islands, once again sailing up to the gap. Moana 2016 Te Ka reappears and raises a fist to smash the canoe, but Moana steers toward another gap, just avoiding the blow. Moana 2016 When Te Ka catches up to her, she sails back to the first gap. Moana 2016 Te Ka sends a giant wave toward her, and the canoe capsizes. Moana 2016 With boulders raining down around her, she tries to right the boat, but she isn’t strong enough. Moana 2016 Te Ka raises a fist toward her, but at the last second, a hawk appears and blocks the blow. Moana 2016 Maui resumes his demigod form and uses his hook to flip the canoe back over. Moana 2016 Turning back into a hawk, he flies over Te Ka as Moana sails. Moana 2016 Te Ka knocks him out of the sky, and he lands on an island. Moana 2016 He turns back into a demigod and throws his hook at Te Ka, smashing it and distracting him from Moana, who reaches the place where the island of Te Fiti should be. Moana 2016 Moana realizes that Te Fiti is gone.
Maui continues to fight Te Ka, and Moana notices something on Te Ka’s chest. Moana 2016 Realizing what she has to do, she parts the sea and marches toward Te Ka. Moana 2016 When Te Ka is about to kill Maui, Moana holds up the heart, which starts to glow. Moana 2016 Seeing it, Te Ka turns toward Moana. Moana 2016 She tells Te Ka to listen to the voice inside himself. Moana 2016 He calms down, and Moana walks up to him and puts the heart in the center of the spiral on his chest. Moana 2016 With the heart restored, Te Ka, who was dark with highlights of red lava, returns to his original form: the green island goddess Te Fiti. Moana 2016 The ocean rises up and deposits Moana, Maui, and Heihei on the shore. Moana 2016 Maui apologizes to Te Fiti for stealing her heart, and she opens her hand and reveals his hook, completely repaired. Moana 2016 Te Fiti lifts up Moana and hugs her, then returns her to the beach. Moana 2016 Te Fiti shows Moana the canoe, also repaired and decorated with flowers. Moana 2016 Moana tells Maui that he could come with her back to the island, since her people need a master wayfinder, and he replies that they already have one (meaning Moana herself). Moana 2016 He hugs her, then turns into a hawk and flies off.
Sailing back home, Moana sees that all the plants and fish have returned to Motunui. Moana 2016 She jumps out of the canoe and runs to the shore, where Sina and Tui are waiting to hug her. Moana 2016 Days later, they pull the canoes out of the cavern and put them in the water. Moana 2016 The ocean recedes to reveal a pink shell. Moana 2016 Moana takes it and climbs up the mountain, depositing it on the pile of stones. Moana 2016 Later, Moana is sailing a canoe, with her parents sailing another one (song: “We Know the Way (Finale)”). Moana 2016 She teaches others the skills of sailing and way-finding, passing along what Maui taught her. Moana 2016 A glowing manta ray swims past her, and a hawk screeches and dives toward her. Moana 2016 Moana realizes she’s exactly where she is meant to be.
Produced By: Watch Moana (2016) Free Movie Online
- John Lasseter known as executive producer
- Osnat Shurer known as producer (produced by)
- Auli’i Cravalho known as Moana (voice)
- Dwayne Johnson known as Maui (voice)
- Rachel House known as Gramma Tala (voice)
- Temuera Morrison known as Chief Tui (voice)
- Jemaine Clement known as Tamatoa (voice)
- Nicole Scherzinger known as Sina (voice)
- Alan Tudyk known as Heihei / Villager #3 (voice)
- Oscar Kightley known as Fisherman (voice)
- Troy Polamalu known as Villager #1 (voice)
- Puanani Cravalho known as Villager #2 (voice)
- Louise Bush known as Toddler Moana (voice)
Moana (2016) Filmography links and data courtesy of The Internet Movie Database